Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's the KIDS TURN

I have finally gotten myself back into eating healthy all the time.  I am meditating frequently and breathing correctly.  I finally feel things loosening up and my body healing.  This is wonderful but I am also forgetting about other very important people, my KIDS.  Yes they are eating healthy, atleast to most other's standards but not to mine.  They don't eat most high allergen foods, eggs, dairy, chicken, peanuts, soy or corn but they do eat grass fed beef, natural turkey, salmon and tree nuts.  I let my children eat some wheat but we really do limit the amounts and try to use other whole grains instead.  This is not enough.  My boys don't like veggies and it's killing me.  The most important thing on the plate and they hate it.  How do I help them change this?  I do juice for them.  I try to do this once a day but I would like to see them eat veggies more often.  They don't like my smoothies and I can't say I blame them.  Patrick can't have bananas and that is imperative to a great smoothie.  It's time I try to find other creative ways to feed my boys more veggies and less meat and potatoes.  Join me on my journey while I post my findings and exciting pictures of the boys hating every moment of it until one day they wake up and say "mom where is my smoothie?"

No comments:

Post a Comment